Requirements for level 1
- Men are expected to perform the basics taught at the course with a min of a 16KG Kettlebell. Women are expected to demonstrate the basics with an 8KG or 12KG Kettlebell.
- A technical exam must be passed showing that each participant understands and can perform the basics of Swings, Clean, Snatch, Windmill and Turkish Get Up safely and technically. Points are deducted for safety violations such as rounding your back during the pick up of the weight for a Kettlebell Swing.
- To help you keep your notes, you may purchase the course E-book here Agatsu Kettlebell Training E-Book. (one download per purchase)
- The final exams consists of several kettlebell circuits and a technical demonstration. All trainers must perform both to ensure a high quality standard of fitness and technical ability. During the technical test each participant must demonstrate a clear understanding and ability with the basics taught during the course.
- To ensure successful completion of the course and achievement of your certification we suggest everyone prepare with our Kettlebell Foundations available in our Online Members Training Programs. The Kettlebell Foundations program includes the 65 page Agatsu Kettlebell Training e-book, follow along classes, instructional video clips, workouts and more. It is the best online resource to ensure you are a success at our instructor certification seminars.
- Trainers are not certified to conduct other certifications. Any Agatsu trainer who conducts instructor certifications without express permission from Agatsu will render their certification null and void.
*In order to maintain the high standards that our certifications have become associated with, re-certification is mandatory every 2 years. Fee for re-certifying is $300.